Friday, April 30, 2004

 

From Krautrock to Post-Rock

I did my first subcultural analysis on Krautrock, focussing on it's key artists: Can, Faust and Neu!. I would like to come up with a different subculture for the second assignment and have so far stuck with post-rock. However, the leap from Krautrock to post-rock is not that far... maybe I should go with something completely different.

These are some of the artists that I would consider key post-rock bands: Stereolab, Tortoise, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Talk Talk, Slint, the Sea and Cake, Sigur Ros, Mouse on Mars, Add N to (x), Laika, the High Llamas, Trans Am and Sonic Youth.

Some Australian examples could include the excellent Sydney-based Prop and the Dirty Three.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?